Go South Coast is currently the UK’s Bus Operator of the Year. We operate six local bus companies including: morebus in Poole & Bournemouth, Bluestar in Southampton, Salisbury Reds, Swindon’s Bus Company, Southern Vectis on the Isle of Wight and Damory in West Dorset. We have over 800 buses and operate over 140 commercial bus routes. We also operate coach private hire companies and a bus/coach refurbishment business.
Following a review of the Finance Team, we are looking to recruit a part-time Management Accountant to join the Finance Team at our Head Office in Poole.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Accountant, your role will be to provide support to the Finance Team by taking responsibility for certain matters and assisting your colleagues in a variety of daily tasks.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
• Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations for expense accounts
• Reviewand report on HeadOffice Management Accounts
• Review the Aged Debtors and investigate accordingly to ensure that overdue debt is kept to a minimum
• Review the Fixed Asset Register ensuring that assets are correctly capitalised and depreciated in accordance with the relevant Capex papers
• Complete all ONS surveys
• Prepare and distribute various expenditure reports for depot managers at period end
• Provide cover for the Accounts Manager
• Other ad hoc duties as and when required
To succeed in this role, you will be positive, self-motivated in your work and be able to effectively prioritise your workload to meet deadlines. We are looking for a candidate who is ideally eitherrecently or part qualified in either AAT (level 3)/CIMA/ACCA. This is a 20 hours per week part-time position. We offer a competitive rate of pay and free bus travel.
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you are the ideal person for this role, to Catherine Todd, Financial Reporting Accountant, Go South Coast, Towngate House, 2-8 Parkstone Road, Poole BH15 2PR or email: email@example.com for further information.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8 February 2019
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce