Blandford Road closure from 2nd July
2 months ago
From Friday 2nd until Friday 23rd July, Blandford Road will close both ways between Rigler Road and Ashmore Avenue due to mains cable works by Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks. Services 8 / 9, 60, and 448 will be subject to some temporary revisions / changes during this closure. This means there will be some temporary changes to your bus route.
The information you need to follow to ensure you catch your bus in the right place is below:
- Customers travelling between Poole and Lower Hamworthy (Carters Quay) should use new temporary service 89, this will go in both directions and will be the only bus running to Lower Hamworthy.
- Customers wanting to go from Coles Avenue, Lake Road, Red Lion, Dawkins Road and Hamworthy Fire Station will still be able to use our service 8 (operating a revised timetable) to go to Turlin Moor, Creekmoor and Fleetsbridge, but will find the temporary route 8X a quicker service if travelling to Poole Town Centre
- Customers wishing to get from Poole to stops between Hamworthy Junction and Coles Avenue via the quickest route should use temporary service 9X. The service 9 is an alternative from Poole via Fleetsbridge, Creekmoor, Upton and Turlin Moor to Hamworthy and those who board this on this section of route will still be able to as normal, but to the revised timetable.
- Customers at Turlin Moor will still be able to use service 9 to Hamworthy, but if going to Poole will need to use a service 8.
- Customers who need to return to Turlin Moor from Hamworthy can still use service 8 from Coles Avenue onwards but will need to use a 9 if returning from Poole.
- Customers who normally use the stops at Hamworthy Co-op and Hamworthy Liberal Hall will have service 60 or may alternatively prefer to walk to the stops in Coles Avenue for more choice of services.
Service 60 will operate to a revised timetable and will still serve all its usual stops apart from Carters Quay and Ivor Road which will be inaccessible, so will divert between New Orchard and Ashmore Avenue (Hamworthy Park) via Holes Bay Road and Upton Country Park.
Service 448 will divert from Carters Quay to Coles Avenue via Holes Bay Road and Blandford Road. and will be earlier picking up/later dropping off from Old Town as a result.
Please note: At certain times of day, our buses may reverse the loop around Coles Avenue and Lake Road in order to assist in time keeping. Our buses will pull over for customers and allow time for any passengers to cross the road and board, so please lookout for approaching buses during peak times of the day.
We apologise for any inconvenience to your travel during these works. Further changes to our services will be announced, as the road will only open one way from 24th July.