Our services are running as normal
1 month ago
There will be changes to some services in regards to school day/school holiday timetable variations from Monday 18th January. Please see this separate article for more details.
From Sunday 24th January, some of our bus timetables will be adjusted. For further information on this, please see the article here.
Our services will continue to run at normal levels across Bournemouth and Poole, despite the Government’s latest Covid-19 restrictions.
We have been operating a full-service timetable for several months, and current plans are to continue providing transport for all those who need to travel across the local area. There are some changes to school routes from Monday 18th January - see below.
“We know many of those living and working within our community - whether they are NHS, supermarket staff, carers or other keyworkers - are still relying on us to get them to work,” said our managing director, Andrew Wickham.
“So, just as we have done during previous lockdown measures, we will continue to serve them by operating a full bus service here in Bournemouth, Poole and the conurbation. The special measures we introduced months ago are designed to ensure that public transport is still one of the safest places to be.
“Our team makes sure every bus is cleaned regularly with anti-viral wipes, and there are on-board hand sanitisers for our customers to use. We ask those travelling with us to continue wearing face coverings, unless they are exempt.
“These are challenging times for us all, and I would like to thank my colleagues - who themselves are keyworkers - for their incredible resilience and dedication. Without their efforts, many of those who carry out vital roles within our local community would be unable to travel.
“With this in mind, we will continue to provide a comprehensive bus service here. We are, of course, monitoring government guidelines closely - and we are ready to adapt our offering wherever and whenever this is deemed necessary.”
For detailed timetable information, please visit our Timetables & Maps page.
Changes to School & College buses from Monday 18th January
Following a significant reduction in student numbers, some school buses are amended or suspended from Monday 18th January. Any remaining students wishing to travel should use alternative services listed below.
Don’t worry if you need to get your child to school if you are a key worker as the services listed below will still serve the school to ensure those who need to get there by bus are able to do so.
Revised PDF versions of these timetables will be available soon.
Allenbourn Middle School
- 714 - Suspended - students should use the route 4 instead which will divert via the school in the morning and afternoon
- 708 - Suspended - students should use the X8 which will additionally serve the school in the morning and afternoon
- 742 - The morning bus will remain, but the afternoon bus is suspended. Students should use the X12 bus from the school at 15:40. View PDF timetable.
- 736 & 755 - Will continue to run unchanged
- 788 - Suspended - students in Highcliffe, Mudeford and Christchurch should use the rerouted 789 whilst students in Tuckton, Southbourne and Pokesdown should use the 755
- 789 - Rerouted to serve parts of the 788 route. View PDF timetable
Parkstone & Poole Grammar Schools
- 417/447 - These routes will be combined into one bus serving both Poole Grammar & Parkstone Grammar Schools. The morning pickups will be unchanged but the bus will run as 447. View PDF timetable
- All other routes are unchanged.
- 706 - The morning bus will be suspended, so students should use the 07:48 Bluestar 6 from Lyndhurst instead which will continue past Lymington to drop off at the school. The afternoon bus will be retimed to leave the school at 15:15. View PDF timetable
- 712 - Suspended - students should use the rerouted 732 instead
- 721 - The morning bus is suspended so students should use the X1 which will additionally serve Keyhaven. The afternoon 721 will continue running. View PDF timetable
- 722 - Suspended - students from Sway should use the Laguna coach (enquire with the school)
- 732 - Rerouted via Pilley and Boldre. View PDF timetable
- 761 - Suspended
- 762 - Suspended - students should use the X1 in the morning and the 721 in the afternoon which will both additionally serve Keyhaven
- 775 - Suspended - students should use the X1 in the morning and the 721 in the afternoon
- 777 - Suspended - students should use the Bluestar 6 in the morning and the 706 in the afternoon
St Peters School
- 769 - Suspended
- 780 - Will operate between Purewell Cross and School only. View PDF timetable
South Wilts Grammar School
- 720 - Suspended - students should use the 20 instead
The Thomas Hardye School
- 715 - Suspended - students should use the route 5 instead
- 752 - Suspended - students should use the X12 in the morning and walk from Weymouth Avenue, and use the X12 from the school in the afternoon at 15:48
- 787 - Will continue running