Haunting Half Term Activities This Halloween
1 month ago
This half term, keep the family entertained with some ghoulishly good activities in Bournemouth, Poole, and beyond:
- Upton Country Park is full of wonderful activities to keep you going this half term. With scavenger hunts and Halloween takeovers across the week, there is plenty to keep you and the family busy. To get there, hop on the 8 or 10 from Poole Bus Station, or the Breezer 40 from Poole Bus Station or Swanage.
- Farmer Palmer's Farm Park are running activities across half term. Most of the farm park has a spooky makeover. 2021 sees the return of their "Soak-a-Spook" Tractor Ride, as well as a brand new Pumpkin Pick event running from Monday 25th until Saturday 30th October. To get there, catch the 10 from Poole Bus Station, or the Breezer 40 from Poole Bus Station or Swanage.
- Castlepoint are gearing up for a frightfully fun half-term. Pop along on Thursday 28th October between 12pm and 4pm for this free event where you can enjoy a sticker trail, face painting and fancy dress fun. Hop on the m1 to get to Castlepoint via Poole and Bournemouth, with buses running frequently across the day, or the 14 or 15 from Poole Bus Station.
- Marvellous Markets comes to Poole Town Centre on Sunday 31st October with a special Halloween theme. Located in Orchard Plaza, browse the market stalls, enjoy the live music and take part in the shop window trail. For the first 100 kids aged 10 and under, look out for some morebus goodies. You can get many of our buses to Poole Bus Station, a short walk from the town centre.
- Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf is ready for games of ghoulish golf. Along the way, count the number of times you spot a pumpkin and you could win an unlimited golf pass for the rest of the year! With spooky obstacles and creepy challenges at every hole, the frightfully fun course will entertain the whole family from start to finish. Hop on one of our buses to Bournemouth Square, a short walk from Bournemouth Beach through the Lower Gardens.
- Fordingbridge Pumpkin Pastures is the perfect place for all of your pumpkin picking. With plenty of pumpkins for the family to choose from, you'll have a great time carving these into scary designs for your doorsteps. To get there, hop on the X3 from Westover Road in Bournemouth.
- A special event for the adults is Sanctuary Survival Zone in Wareham. Featuring live actors, special effects and a truly unique setting, this immersive zombie experience puts you in the middle of a crisis – your only chance of survival is to take sanctuary in industrial units in Wareham. Get the Breezer 40 to Wareham for this unique and unforgettable experience.
If the weather takes a scary turn, some paranormal painting or creepy colouring awaits you. Get eerily arty and download our colouring sheet today, and see how many sweets you can find hidden in the picture.
Happy Halloween from all of us at mischievous morebus!